Brayan Felix is rushed past reporters at the Santo Domingo courthouse.

Santo Domingo.-  The National Police on Wednesday announced the arrest of Army Maj. Elvin Rodgers Rodriguez charged supplyng  weapons to armored truck robbers John Percival Matos and Brayan Peter Félix .

The police also announced the arrest of Javier Perello, accused of being the contact between Rodriguez, Percival and Felix, and a motorcyclist identified only as Aneudy, the alleged getaway driver after one of the heists.

Also Alberto de Jesus Caraballo, motorcyclist who was the escape driver in one of the robberies, and a mechanic surnamed Corporan (a) La Culebra (snake), who prepared the motorcycles for getaways.

Percival was shot by police in a shootout some 80 kilometers north o the capital, whereas Felix was taken into custody Tuesday night.

Marksman

Police spokesman Nelson Rosario said Elvin Rodgers Rodriguez is a star member of the national clay pigeon shooting team, as confirmed by Dominican Sports Shooting Federation president Jose Mera.

COMMENTS
Written by: Ricardolito, 4 Jan 2017 3:49 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Zona Colonial
Congratulations..so far..now let the cases be prepared against all of them without any errors so long term sentences can be given
Written by: bernies, 4 Jan 2017 4:52 PM
From: Dominican Republic, Juan Dolio
I am glad that these thugs are caught. Now let's see how long would it take them to get out of jail with our good justice system and honorable judges.
Written by: danny00, 4 Jan 2017 6:21 PM
From: United States, Rhodes scholar oxford university
time out? about 2-3 hours if they have the cash.
Written by: Tuznik, 4 Jan 2017 10:32 PM
They will probably be out and on the next plane to America . Or drop out of sight on the boat .
There is one out of Samana bay twice a week . Typical behavior of Dominican law . I'm sure tgey have the stolen cash to make it work for them . Then imagine how many assault weapons tgey can pick up in gun shows before they rob banks there , or in P.R.
Written by: guillermone, 5 Jan 2017 11:38 AM

-------------------------
You see, its not all bad. Nelson and Elvin both had redeeming facets. I guess they're a pair of "straight shooters." Nevertheless, my advice to these jabronies, if you're thinking about quitting your day job to become a bank robber, first consider every facet of what your new life would be like. They should have just stay shooting clay pigeons and life would have been so much simpler.

Nevertheless, looking at this from different perspective. If you happen to be a member of a Shooting Federation, what that tells me is that their basic needs have been satisfied with enough left over expendable income to use for superfluous leisure activities. In other words, these group of thugs had no justifiable excuse to lead a life of crime and most certainly poverty is not one of them
Written by: danny00, 5 Jan 2017 12:18 PM
From: United States, Rhodes scholar oxford university
I do practice shooting AT anything that moves on 151st in Washington heights. I don't need any team and I never miss my target. U UNDERSTAND ME? LOL
Written by: danny00, 5 Jan 2017 2:13 PM
From: United States, Rhodes scholar oxford university
GUILLERMONE, I see your post above your in the dr your a hour ahead of me in the beautiful Florida KEYS. guess your in your campo mooching off your relatives.
Written by: guillermone, 5 Jan 2017 3:24 PM

Written by: danny00, 5 Jan 2017 2:13 PM
From: United States, Williamsburg Brooklyn

-------------------------------------------
hEY dOUBLE zERO dUMMY00, where exactly are you located in the Keys? I have been asking around for you, but people said they have not seen Captain Stinky in a while. Are you in Key Largo Tavernier, Islamorada, Marathon, Catecumbe Key or what? Maybe we can meet up for lunch. You know I can only afford the dollar menu at MckyD. Hope that's ok with you.
Written by: danny00, 5 Jan 2017 7:32 PM
From: United States, Rhodes scholar oxford university
the dollar will be ok with I want u to feel comfortable. I don't eat much at McDonald's, now if your talking about peter Lugers, steak house in Brooklyn, if u agree u better bring lots of money with u. 4 me money's no problem. u can't use pesos in this restaurant only dollars. I here there is a 3 week wait for a reservation but worth the wait I promise u. Peter open this restaurant in 1885. they must be doing something right. anyway thank u for inviting me for dinner. I don't eat lunch. which campo are u in? what do u think about Israel building the tallest solar tower in the world. also what are your thoughts about the news from sing sing prison about the early release program 4 solo only Dominicans. see there is a Santa. keep in touch I miss your comments about me.
Written by: danny00, 5 Jan 2017 8:00 PM
From: United States, Rhodes scholar oxford university
if not we eat at mortons steak house in Miami they also have a great steak. not sure if they allow Dominicans to dine at this restaurant I'll find out. see a few years ago a bunch of Dominican drug dealers was meeting at this restaurant a few times a week. the only problem was that when they went to use the bano they didn't pick up the toilet seat when they took a piss. causing many gringos to complain to mangerment at this restaurant. this caused the ban on all Dominicans from eating at this restaurant. these drugs dealers screwed all other Dominicans not all Dominicans piss on the Seat 1,000 of educated Dominicans would never do this nasty thing. they would leave the restaurant and piss in the street behind two park cars. they have class.
Written by: guillermone, 6 Jan 2017 12:09 AM

Written by: danny00, 5 Jan 2017 7:32 PM
From: United States, Williamsburg Brooklyn

--------------------------------
Well dummy00 if money is no problem then why don't you invite me. Just send me the plane tickets and I will be happy to accept your invitation to Lugers. But if you want to save on plane fare, the we can eat at Smith & Wollensky on Miami Beach. But no worry, I know you have a generous bank account, but since I am a vegan the bill won't be high at all. I will skip on the steak if that will help.
Written by: Tuznik, 6 Jan 2017 12:42 AM
You guys gamba trade recipes for veggy burgers next ? Or what ?
Written by: Tuznik, 6 Jan 2017 1:12 AM
By the way . The dollar menu at Micky dee's. is for homeless people . You do have a roof over your head , don't you ? Or are you guys planning on living on the beach ? Micky dee doesn't sell veggy burgers any way . Try adding portobello mushrooms . They give them a meat flavor. since it sounds like you are going to end up cooking at a beach party . Gee ! Can we all come ? I'm no vegan , so I'll bring the steaks . I think these bank robbers where intent on doing the same thing .. Getting their thrills and and enjoying life on a beach with the cash between robberies . It never dawned on them that could get caught .
Written by: danny00, 6 Jan 2017 6:47 AM
From: United States, Rhodes scholar oxford university
i love mushrooms. as I said few days ago these guys thought they had a easypass like they was driving a car in boston. also they had one ex general behind them. think the banks was upset that got robbed and screening about that too the right officials in the government.
Written by: danny00, 6 Jan 2017 6:56 AM
From: United States, Rhodes scholar oxford university
GUILLERMONE, why don't u take one yola to Miami. I'll split the expense with u. need u to buy one life jacket and a big bottle of shark spray. the sharks in the Florida straights love to dine on dominicans
Written by: guillermone, 8 Jan 2017 3:22 AM

Written by: danny00, 6 Jan 2017 6:56 AM
From: United States, Williamsburg Brooklyn
GUILLERMONE, why don't u take one yola to Miami. I'll split the expense with u. need u to buy one life jacket and a big bottle of shark spray. the sharks in the Florida straights love to dine on Dominicans
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No you are wrong about their eating habits. They love their meat well done. Haitians are a delicacy for sharks in the Caribbean. But don't worry, keep talking, someday you’ll say something intelligent!