Dominican Today
Search news
Local August 29, 2015 - 8:59 am

Wesolowski’s death is unfair to victims: National District prosecutor

Santo Domingo.– The National District prosecutor Yeni Berenice Reynoso said Friday that the death of former Polish archbishop and the Vatican’s former ambassador to Santo Domingo, who faced trial on charges of pedophilia in the Dominican Republic, is "unfair" to the victims.

"I always wondered why a new date was not given for the trial of Wesolowski, not even after leaving the hospital," the National District prosecutor wrote on her Twitter account.

According to a statement from the Vatican, Jozef Wesolowski, 67, was found dead in his Vatican room early Friday, where he had lived since last year, after he was placed under house arrest.

The Vatican said that an autopsy was to be carried out during the day and the results published as soon as possible, adding that Pope Francis was being kept fully informed.

COVID-19

April 3, 2025 - 3:06 pm

Jake Kheel emphasizes the need for ongoing sargassum monitoring

April 2, 2025 - 10:42 am

Urgent reform needed for Autism support in the Dominican Republic

April 2, 2025 - 9:28 am

Health Minister signs nine agreements with NGOs

April 2, 2025 - 8:34 am

Dominican Senate advances health tourism

MOST READ

Health

Vitafer-L supplement withdrawn due to health risk

Economy

Leonel Fernández: “The Dollar is soaring, and reserves are shrinking”

Health

Bauta Rojas accuses Agriculture Minister of irresponsibility over swine flu

Uncategorized

Senator proposes specialized police force for missing persons

MORE NEWS

Tourism

Mitur secures 31 agreements in Miami to boost tourism

Health

Jake Kheel emphasizes the need for ongoing sargassum monitoring

Tourism

Arajet reaches 2 million passengers

Local

New toll plaza on Duarte Highway begins operations this Sunday