New Year’s weekend claims he lives of 62 people
Santo Domingo.- Of the 62 deaths during the New Year’s weekend, 31 were violent and 31 from traffic accidents, the National Police and the Emergency Operations Center (COE) said Monday.
The Police reported 31 deaths from December 31 to January 1, or 38 percent fewer than the same period last year, when 50 died.
It said of those 31 deaths four resulted from crimes, 25 from social disputes and two at the hands of the authorities.
The Police adds that the 50 deaths from December 31, 2009 to January 1, 2010, 12 were from crimes, 35 from social disputes, and three by the authorities.