We’ll fix traffic jams on capital’s Beltway in 45 days: Public Works
Santo Domingo.- It will be another 45 days of frustration for motorists on Santo Domingo’s new Beltway, but Public Works minister Gonzalo Castillo on Wednesday promised to solve traffic problem on the span to the Southern (Sánchez) Highway.
Quoted by diariolibre.com.do, the said official steps are being taken to fix the problems that cause long backups since Saturday.
He said the traffic interchanges will be redesigned this week, as demanded by motorist and area business leaders who use the two roads. "The work includes what’s called a loop, three additional loops instead having to go to the returns which had been built, motorists can return more easily, thereby responding to requests of several associations, both drivers as well as industrialists of Haina."
Castillo added that one of the traffic lights was removed and another programmed to flash a red light, so drivers don’t have to stop, but proceed with caution.