Economy March 25, 2019 | 7:29 am

Claro: Gov. contractors caused Internet crash

Puerto Plata-Navarrete road

Santo Domingo.- The telecom Claro on Sun. said that since 2018 Public Works Ministry contractors have caused 40 damages which have affected the company’s Internet service.

The most recent was the partial outage which it affirms affected a large part of the users due to the work on the Navarrete-Puerto Plata and Puerto Plata Nagua roads by Public Works contractors that severed the national fiber optic network twice.

In a statement to local media, the America Movil subsidiary indicates that it coordinates with the authorities to avoid damages from the work of contractors on the country’s roads.

“In our case, the network has sustained 40 serious cuts since 2018 to date   and so far in 2019, there have been 7 cuts in the Puerto Plata-Nagua section,” Claro said. It adds that it expects the authorities will take measures to prevent further damages.

Comments