Economy January 29, 2023 | 11:00 am

Buy car in DR

Average hotel occupancy was 71.1% through November 2022

Santo Domingo, D.R.
The average hotel occupancy in the country between January and November last year was 71.1% at a general level, Bayahibe-Romana being the destination with the highest occupancy rate at 79.9%, followed by Bávaro-Punta Cana with 77%.

The latest statistics published by the Central Bank refer that during that period, the lowest average occupancy rate in tourist lodging establishments was Sosua-Carabete at 50.6%, Puerto Plata at 52.6%, Boca Chica-Juan Dolio at 57.4% and the city of Santo Domingo 59.8%.

Central Bank records show that the arrival of non-resident passengers reached 571,380 visitors, constituting an all-time high in tourist arrivals in November, for an increase of 52,266 additional travelers (10%) concerning the same period of 2021.

Regarding the distribution of the total number of visitors received, 83.4% corresponded to foreign travelers (476,706 passengers) who chose the country as a tourist destination, and the remaining 16.6% to non-resident Dominicans (94,674 passengers).

It is worth noting that when compared to the same month of 2018 and 2019, i.e., periods before the impact of the health crisis, November’s flow was higher by 17.7% and 23.7%, respectively.

This behavior allowed accumulating an unprecedented arrival of 6,397,466 non-resident passengers at the end of November 2022, which represents some 2,131,491 additional visitors in the same period of 2021, for year-on-year growth of 50.0% and surpassing 2019 by 9.9% and 2018 by 8.3%, a year in which the highest inflow of overnight travelers in the country had been reached.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments