Public Health allocates US$320M to halt cholera
SANTO DOMINGO. – The Public Health Ministry announced Tuesday it will allocate RD$1.2 billion (US$320 million) to control cholera and other citizen health programs this year, and RD$1.7 billion more to subsidize the hospitals, or RD$200 million more than was assigned last year.
The minister Bautista Rojas said the strategic Plan presented this morning includes bolstering the National Sanitary System, stressing the quality of the services for the population. He said the plan aims to prevent diseases such as dengue, leptospirosis and malaria, in addition to cholera.
As part of initiatives to the reform the health sector, the official stressed the creation of the Management Network of the Interior, which he said will contribute to decentralize the sector.