Public Health says Haitian is the country’s first cholera death
Santo Domingo.- The Public Health Ministry on Sunday confirmed the first death from cholera, which claimed the life of Haitian Renauld Francois, 53.
It said the victim passed away in Higüey, La Altagracia province (east), after an autopsy of his body confirmed contagion from the disease.
In a statement, Public Health said once detected, strict epidemiology vigilance and controls were established in the zone where the victim resided, but haven’t uncovered other cases so far.
It asks that the population of La Altagracia province to be calm and to observe the prevention measures.