Police to hand over colonels in German’s death, alleged US$1.5M theft
Santo Domingo.- The National Police chief announced the handover to the authorities on Wednesday, the two colonels linked to the alleged theft of US$1.5 million during a raid in the gated community La Mulata III, in Sosua, Puerto Plata, where a German national was shot and killed.
Manuel Castro said the investigation at the site continues jointly with the Puerto Plata Office of the Prosecutor, while Justice minister Francisco Dominguez said they await for the colonels Raymundo De La Rosa Ogando and Roberto Santos Salcedo.
The two officials made the announcement after concluding a meeting at the National Palace.
The Puerto Plata Instruction Court on Tuesday ordered the arrest of three police officers in connection with the case that occurred October last year, which include Lt. Odennis Francisco Felix, after Dominguez sent a letter to Castro.
Puerto Plata prosecutor Alba Nuñez heads the investigation in the case, in which the officers are accused of conducting an irregular raid in which the German Peter Ebert Demetrick was killed by gunfire, and the alleged theft of two safes with around US$1.5 million and various weapons, among other items.