Local August 21, 2013 | 4:44 pm

diseño web vender carro

Dominican officials in raid killed German: We were surprised

Santo Domingo.- The two assistant DAs who took part in the raid at the gated community La Mulata III, Sosua, Puerto Plata, where a German national was killed and two safes with over RD$60.0 million were allegedly stolen, defended their actions and denied having proceeded irresponsibly as the provincial prosecutor affirms.

Jose Martinez Montas and Juan Carlos Hernandez, quoted by listin.com.do, accuse Puerto Plata prosecutor Alba Nuñez of being unfair by claiming they acted irresponsibly by “letting the raid get out of hand.”

"We feel that our only participation was to abide by our superiors in a task that wasn’t previously assigned to us, we had no knowledge of that investigation which for us was a surprise to encounter this situation," the assistant DAs claim in a statement to the Justice Ministry.

They said desire the calamities their work was commendable and in adherence to the law, “because thankfully we didn’t go into the house where the police entered without a search warrant and shot a Haitian, mistreated a German national and took the life of a person of German nationality.”

“When he arrived at the scene it was totally in shambles and contaminated,” they said, by the many law enforcement agents and the media, “and anyone else who wanted to go in.”

They said they weren’t apprised of the investigation conducted by the prosecutor and the police at Sosua, especially National Police captain Gerson Acosta.

They added that 15 days before the raid the prosecutor repeatedly met behind closed doors with Acosta and several of the Germans, who allegedly supplied the information to Nuñez, although she didn’t inform them of anything.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments