Haiti ex-consul denies links to controversial movement
Santo Domingo.- Edwin Paraison, former Haiti general consul in Dominican Republic, on Wednesday said contrary to what some government officials claim, including the ministers Defense and of Interior and Police, he’s not linked with the movement "Taking our territory."
He said his foundation found that it’s a “religious movement" online, noting that it works in several countries and appears in Facebook.
"It’s spiritual warfare based on the reclaimed territories won by Satan. There are Bible courses in this regard,” Paraison said in a statement.
He said he had explained it to several media last week "without being a justification" of the movement’s actions given the current status of Dominican-Haitian ties. "I don’t think there’s an NGO called name ‘Taking our territory’ in the country. It’s easy to find out at the Office of the Prosecutor.”
He added that his Zile Foundation “is the only one which commemorated Dominican founding father Juan Pablo Duarte’s bicentennial in Haiti last year."