Dominican Republic-Haiti high-level talks scrubbed a 3rd time
Santo Domingo.- For the third time in as many months a meeting of the Dominican Republic and Haiti high-level commission has been postponed . It had been scheduled for Thursday morning.
Haiti Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe made the announcement on Twitter Wednesday, and said the postponement was by mutual agreement. "By mutual agreement the bilateral high-level dialogue with the Dominican Republic on May 08 has been deferred to a later date."
The official said the meeting slated for tomorrow will still be held, but among ministers from both countries to set a new date.
Prior to the announcement local media reported unusual movements in the National Palace around 9:30am, presumably related to the surprising announcement from Port-au-Prince.