Media cast doubts as government explains scrubbed talks with Hait
Santo Domingo.- Amid a backdrop of doubting reporters present, the Dominican Government on Wednesday announced that the third round of talks with Haiti that had been slated for today in Petion Ville, Port-au-Prince, would only consist of signing three agreements.
The journalists in the National Palace press conference, toting their suitcases, waited in the parking lot for the bus that would take them to the neighboring country, were invited to the Orlando Martinez Newsroom, where presidency spokesman Roberto Rodríguez said they didn’t have transport for the members of the media.
He apologized for the inconvenience and noted that Haitian authorities hadn’t implemented the logistics to host the activity in Petion Ville.
Rodriguez said the inconvenience led to a change of the gathering’s original intention, but sill three agreements would be signed in the areas of health, trade and tourism, which he affirms were already drafted.