More raids in US$20.0M Peravia bank collapse
Santo Domingo.- Outlet noticiassin.com.do reports Friday that police agents and prosecutors raided an apartment in an upscale sector, said to be owned by one of the two top executives of the collapsed Peravia bank, who fled the country earlier this week.
The search comes as part of the probe into alleged embezzlement of US$20.0 million by Peravia bank president José Luis Santoro and vice president Gabriel Arturo Jimenez Aray.
The agents are currently searching inside Apt. 3D on the third floor of the condo Perla Michelle II, reportedly near Hatuey St. in Los Cacicazgos.
The Banks Superintendence on Thursday said the Monetary Board authorized the dissolution of the Peravia bank.