Dominicans kidnapped in Haiti released unscathed
Dajabon, Dominican Republic.- The son of a prominent Dominican businessman who was kidnapped dawn Tuesday in the village of Terraux, 10 kilometers from Cap Haitien, with his father and two others also Dominicans, was released Wednesday unharmed.
Upon reaching Dajabón, Starlin Evarite Núñez, 22, said the kidnappers took him to some woods on a motorcycle and bound him there.
He said the kidnappers told him to leave and did so reaching a town whose name he didn’t know. He said while he had always feared for his life, wasn’t mistreated by his captors.
Núñez said another Haitian also on a motorcycle, upon seeing his concern and confusion, approached him and telling him that he had been kidnapped, offered to drive him to the border.
The man is being questioned by authorities at Border Security (Cesfront) headquarters
In connection with the case, a Dominican is also reportedly being sought by Haiti police, the UN Haiti Stabilization Mission (MINUSTAH) and Dominican diplomatic authorities in Ouanaminthe.
The National Police said his mother, Alicia Antonia Espinal, 42, had reported that her husband Deogracia Núñez, who owns a window factory, had called to warn her that they had been kidnapped by Haitian criminals and that the captors retained their son.
It said they called her son by phone and a Haitian answered, who demanded $ 200,000 ransom.
Starlin Núñez was escorted to Dominican territory by Cesfront and Consulate officials, and other Dajabón province authorities.