Dominican Republic seeks warrants; France repeats not involved
Santo Domingo.- DominicanRepublic Justice minister Francisco Dominguez on Thursday said he´ll request aninternational search and arrest warrant against the two French pilots whoescaped the country last week.
Pascal Fauret, 55, and BrunoOdos, 56, were released on the own recognizance pending appeal of a 20 yearprison sentence.
In a brief pressconference in the Justice Ministry where a battery of French media gathered, theofficial added that once the warrants are issued, alerts will be in effect forthe fugitives.
Meanwhile the French Embassyin the Dominican Republic on Thursday reiterated no involvement in the apparentlywell-planned escape of two pilots from that nation convicted of drug traffickingin the Caribbean country.
"The Frenchauthorities and the diplomatic mission as its representative in the country, werenot involved in any way in the departure from the Dominican Republic of Mr.Pascal Fauret and Bruno Odos."
France´s reiteration ina statement responds to an accusation Wednesday by National District prosecutorYenni Berenice Reynoso, who said "there´s sufficient evidence" to blamethe European country in the pilots´ escape, despite a travel ban ordered by NationalDistrict judge Elka Reyes.