Over 1,300 Dominicans in US Federal lockups
Criminal Alien Report by David Olen Cross.- The United States having a significant foreign national population residing within the nation’s boundaries, be they legally or illegally present in the country, unfortunately includes those who commit crimes.
The extent and impact of foreign national crime on the U.S. citizens and residents of this country is clearly revealed by a simple search on the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) inmate statistics website under the heading of inmate citizenship.
Here are the countries of origin, moreover, the number and percentage of those countries citizens recently incarcerated in the U.S. BOP prison system (Note: The most recent BOP crime numbers available were from March 27, 2021.).
– Mexico 14,096 inmates, 9.3 percent;
– Colombia 1,571 inmates, 1.0 percent;
– Dominican Republic 1,313 inmates, 0.6 percent;
– Other / unknown countries 7,216 inmates, 4.7 percent;
– United States 126,681 inmates, 83.5 percent;
Total: 151,726 inmates.