Local June 24, 2024 | 1:27 pm

Dominican Navy detains 97 Haitians attempting to leave for Florida

Montecristi, DR.- During an operation in Cayo Muerto, the Dominican Republic Navy detained 97 undocumented Haitians aboard a wooden boat approximately 50 feet long, en route to Florida.

The detainees were transported by the Dominican Republic Navy’s interceptor boat Shaula (LI-158) and two Navy fast-action boats to the dock in Paroli. Following the necessary immigration procedures, the Haitian nationals will be deported to their country of origin.

The Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources participated in the operation to ensure no harm was done to the marine ecosystem.

The General Directorate of Migration reaffirmed its commitment to controlling and regulating migratory flows, stating that similar operations will continue to prevent illegal migration and ensure national security.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of

5 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
James
June 24, 2024 2:01 pm

I don’t get it. Let the Haitians leave to Florida. So they could have a better future

Bill Polanco
June 24, 2024 10:21 pm
Reply to  James

That is just to show you who the DR is working not for our best interests. The hidden agenda is obvious.

DCamp21
June 24, 2024 3:54 pm

Deport the ones in DR and send them to Florida, there’s more room for them there…

Bill
June 24, 2024 10:19 pm

Why are they stopping Haitian migrants? Let them leave. They will be better off in the US.

Platano Frito
June 24, 2024 11:09 pm

Why?, Why would you stop anyone from leaving this island?. Thats the thing I hear the most, “If you dont like it here, Leave!”, OK!, GTFO of the way !, 70% of the people born here would leave in a heartbeat, if given the chance. The other 30 % are the ruling class parasites and all their corrupt cockroach buddies who are feeding off of them.

Last edited 21 days ago by Platano Frito