Close Gallery
Dominicans' first win in US Classic
Zoom Picture

Santo Domingo.- Major League Baseball (MLB) on Monday reports that he defending champion Dominican Republic "has reportedly collated a preliminary 50-man roster for next spring's World Baseball Classic, and it's a star-studded one."

It said Robinson Cano, Edwin Encarnacion, Welington Castillo, Carlos Martinez, Dellin Betances, Nelson Cruz, Starling Marte figure among those reportedly included in the list.

"Adrian Beltre, Manny Machado, Jose Reyes, Gregory Polanco and Jeurys Familia are among other players whose names general manager Moises Alou will submit to MLB by Thursday."

 MLB says Machado, Betances and Marte had already publicly indicated a desire to play for the Dominican Republic in the WBC. "Also, Dominican manager Tony Pena -- who managed the Dominican to its first WBC title in 2013 -- has reportedly indicated to Gary Sanchez that he will be on the team."

World Baseball Classic

Major League Baseball adds that the early list gives a rough gauge of who might make the cut for the club's provisional 28-man roster, which is due in mid-January. Final rosters must be submitted in mid-February. "The WBC is the only international tournament in which players on MLB 25-man rosters can compete."

 

Share / Recommend this article: FacebookFacebook Digg thisDigg this del.icio.usdel.icio.us TechnoratiTechnorati YahooYahoo Facebook
COMMENTS
0 comment(s)
This article has no comments yet. Why don't you write the first one?
Post Your Comment | Not a member? Create your account | Lost your password?
Write your opinion here. Please keep your comment relevant to this article. Please note that any comments which contain offensive language or discriminatory expressions may be edited/removed.
You must log in to post a comment:
Username Password