Health August 18, 2026

Dominican Republic to maintain current vaccination schedule despite U.S. changes

Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on WhatsApp
Dominican Republic to maintain current vaccination schedule despite U.S. changes

Santo Domingo.- The Dominican Republic will maintain its current childhood vaccination schedule despite recent changes announced by U.S. health authorities, Public Health Minister Víctor Atallah said.

Atallah explained that Dominican authorities are reviewing the U.S. changes but stressed that they will not affect the country’s vaccination program. Deputy Minister of Collective Health Eladio Pérez said vaccination policies must reflect each country’s epidemiological conditions and highlighted progress in controlling diseases such as measles and HPV-related illnesses.

Pérez also reported 19 leptospirosis deaths so far this year, although cases have declined following an outbreak linked to flooding in Puerto Plata. He urged the public to take precautions against contamination from rodents and stressed the importance of early diagnosis.

The officials made the statements during a prenatal care workshop, where Atallah also emphasized the importance of prevention to reduce maternal deaths.

Stay updated with DominicanScope.
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted