Dominican Republic to participate in Fuerzas Comando 2026 in Paraguay
Santo Domingo.- Elite military personnel from 21 countries in the Americas will gather in Paraguay from August 24 to 28 for Fuerzas Comando 2026, a multinational competition organized by the United States Southern Command.
Paraguayan Defense Minister Óscar Rodríguez said the event will bring together highly trained soldiers specializing in different military disciplines. Military Forces commander General César Moreno said the competition will strengthen trust and cooperation among countries in the region.
The exercise will focus on exchanging knowledge, techniques and tactics for special operations, while reinforcing regional cooperation against common threats, including organized crime, terrorism and internal crises.
Participants are expected from Argentina, the Bahamas, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, the Dominican Republic and the United States.
Paraguay was selected to host the 2026 edition during the closing of Fuerzas Comando 2025 in El Salvador. The country previously hosted the competition in 2006 and 2017.
The event follows Panamax 2026, military exercises held in Panama earlier this month with about 1,700 personnel from nearly 20 countries. Paraguay and the United States also signed a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) in December 2025.

