Local August 18, 2026

Juan Manuel Méndez assumes leadership of INTRANT

Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on WhatsApp
Juan Manuel Méndez assumes leadership of INTRANT

Santo Domingo.- Retired Major General Juan Manuel Méndez García assumed the executive directorship of the National Institute of Transit and Land Transportation (INTRANT) on Monday, pledging to strengthen traffic organization, continue successful initiatives and ensure compliance with Law 63-17.

Méndez, appointed by President Luis Abinader through Decree 551-26, said addressing the country’s traffic challenges will require time and cooperation among government agencies, transport operators and citizens.

During his swearing-in, he pledged to maintain programs that have produced results while making necessary improvements. He also called for greater respect for traffic laws, saying compliance should become a civic responsibility.

Méndez thanked Abinader for the confidence placed in him and confirmed that he will continue leading the Directorate of Out-of-Hospital Emergency Care Services (DAEH). He previously headed the Emergency Operations Center (COE) for more than two decades, coordinating the national response to disasters and emergencies.

Minister of Public Works and Communications Eduardo Estrella, who administered the oath, highlighted Méndez’s record of public service and pledged the government’s support as he takes on the new role.

Outgoing INTRANT director Milton Morrison wished Méndez success and said the agency was being handed over in stronger condition. Morrison highlighted progress in institutional procedures and internal reforms, as well as ISO certifications for quality, anti-bribery and compliance achieved during his two-year tenure.

Stay updated with DominicanScope.
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted