Local August 20, 2012 | 9:33 am

Scattered showers, thunderstorms

SANTO DOMINGO.-The National Meteorology Office forecast scattered showers and thunderstorms from an upper-level trough and the prevailing east wind, for the Northeast, Southeast, Central Mountains and border area.

It said it continues to watch two areas of showers and thunderstorms, one located 1,950 miles east of the Lesser Antilles, moving west, which has a 80% chance of strengthening to a tropical storm in the next 48 hours and the other around 240 kilometers south of the Cape Verde Island, with a 20% chance of becoming a tropical cyclone in the next 48 hours.

0 0 votes
Article Rating

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments