Economy April 28, 2015 | 10:00 am

Buy car in DR

Dominican minors born abroad to get IDs without traveling here

Santo Domingo.- Central Electoral Board (JCE) president Roberto Rosario on Monday said the entity will issue documents to Dominican children born abroad, who won’t need to travel here.

He said applicants should go to the Voter Registration Abroad Office (Opree) to request a transcript of vital records. "In those cities where there’s no Opree such requests should be made at consulates or consular sections in different nations with active trade relations with the country."

Rosario added that the affidavits must be translated into Spanish if the request is made at a consular office, and applicants should have the IDs of their Dominican parents to demonstrate the blood link and their nationality.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments